Happy Humpday! I actually cannot believe it is already Wednesday. With that, we are half way through the week, have you worked out yet? Come up with your goals for the week you want to work on? All things I ask my clients to think about at the beginning of the week. A week without a plan is probably a week without exercise. Determine the day, the time, and the workout. If you plan it out just like your work meetings, it will happen.
Weekly Workout Diary
Home Workout: Tone It Up 5 daily moves circuit training + Pinterest Popsugar Workout + 3 mile run
Workout @ Work: EXOS Metabolic Challenge Class (circuit of mountain climbers, TRX curl to row, dumbells lateral lunge with sliders, + medicine ball toe taps/ ladder: 1 min, 45 sec, 30 secs, and 15 seconds)
Weightlifting: Squat 5 x 10 @ 133# + Superset of (Cable row, and shoulder press with dumbells) Front lunge with 90# + Superset of bent over row with 25 lb. dumbells
Studio Workout: LIFT Exercise Heated HIIT + 2.4 mile run
Weightlifting: Strength: Back lunge 5x10 at 111#+ Superset of Overhead lunge with 22# plate (5 sets) + Curtsy lunge 5x10 90#+ Superset of thrusters with 50# barbell + Deadlift 5x5 155# +Superset-strict push press of the bar + 2.4 mile run
LIFT Exercise BIKE (45 minutes cycling class)
Spent with weekend doing a great barre class and a lot of hiking with friends. I made sure to stretch and just hike leisurely to rest.
MACROBALANCED PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS
Healthy Protein Powders
Not all protein supplements are made alike and it is important to look at the ingredients and nutrition label for some key components.
Macrobalanced Approved Criteria
- Quality Ingredients
- Contains less than 5 grams of sugar and contains stevia if using an artificial sweetener
- Contains at least 20 grams of protein per serving
- Whey protein isolate preferred
- NSF certified is preferable
- Primal Kitchen Chocolate Coconut Primal Fuel: 190 calories, 9 grams of fat, 6 net carbs, 2 grams sugar, and 20 grams of protein.
- Thorne Pharmaceuticals Whey Protein Isolate (NSF certified): 100 calories, 1 gram fat, 4 grams carb, 2 grams sugar, and 21 grams protein.
- Naked Whey Grass-Fed Whey Protein: 120 calories, 2 grams fat, 2 grams carb, 2 grams sugar, and 21 grams protein.
- Slap Nutrition: (I personally use this! Only 5 ingredients and no sugar) 100 calories, 1 gram fat, 1 gram carb, 0 gram sugar, and 24 grams protein.
Jay Robb Egg White Protein: 120 calories, 0 gram fat, 4 grams carb, and 24 grams protein
I get a lot of questions about if protein bars are okay, and I think they have a place. Sometimes you need a snack while on the road, or at times you do not have access to water or almond milk for a protein shake.
Healthy Protein Bars
My favorite protein bars right now are definitely RX bars, I cannot get enough of them. I recently found an article by Healthyish that contained all the MACROBALANCED approved protein bars I love. They have a protein bar to meet any type of diet and they all are super great, all natural options.